top of page

Remote learning support

Public·10 members
Easton Gray
Easton Gray

Bullet Head YIFY

In New Orleans, the hit men James Bonomo (Sylvester Stallone), a.k.a. Jimmy Bobo, and Louis Blanchard (Jon Seda) execute the dirty cop Hank Greely (Holt McCallany) in a hotel room. But they are betrayed and Louis is stabbed in a bar by the mercenary Keegan (Jason Momoa) while waiting for the payment of the contract. Meanwhile the Washington D.C. police detective Taylor Kwon (Sung Kang) comes to New Orleans to investigate the murder of Greely, who had stolen evidences from the Police Department. Soon he is shot by two dirty detectives but Jimmy saves his life. Jimmy brings Taylor to the shop of his daughter Lisa (Sarah Shahi) and she removes the bullet from his shoulder and nurses him. Taylor and Jimmy form the most unlikely partnership to investigate the crimes and after contacting the intermediate Ronnie Earl (Brian Van Holt) that had hired Jimmy and Louis, they discover a network of corruption formed by the lawyer Marcus Baptiste (Christian Slater) and the entrepreneur Robert Nkomo Morel (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje)."Bullet to the Head" is the return of the cult director Walter Hill to the direction after six years without making a movie. The story uses many clichés and the double Taylor and Jimmy is identical to other comedies with two different characters forced to work together and having the conventional frictions. But the story and the action are good, the locations in NOLA are wonderful and the music score is excellent. My vote is seven.Title (Brazil): "Alvo Duplo" ("Double Target")

Bullet Head YIFY

I only bought this because it was part of "The John Woo Collection" and having watched it I'm glad that I bought it as it is a good film although it isn't as good as "The Killer" or "Hard Boiled". The action doesn't stop from the beginning to the end. I was expecting it to be a war film as it is mostly set in Vietnam during the war however it is really an action film that happens to be set during a war.Three friends decide to flee from Hong Kong when the police are after them for the killing of a local gang leader. They decide to head to Saigon believing they will be able to make a quick buck selling items they brought with them on the black market. Unfortunately for them their items are destroyed when a bomber blows up the taxi they were in during an attack on a high ranking ARVN officer. After witnessing the summary execution of the bomber they realise what they need to make money in Saigon is a gun. They soon meet up with their contact and acquire guns, with these they steal a crate of gold from a local gangster, in the process they rescue a singer who gets wounded in the escape. Their escape plan does not go as well as planned and they find themselves prisoners of the NVA. I've tried to keep the spoilers to a minimum so as not to spoil the story for those who have yet to see it.As one would expect from a John Woo film there is plenty of action, in fact there is hardly a scene that doesn't involve fighting or shooting. The action looks good if a little unbelievable; our pistol carrying friends seem to be able to beat machine-gun carrying ARVN and NVA soldiers along with a hoard of gangsters. I'd recommend this to anybody who likes action films or is interested in seeing a Vietnam movie that isn't centred on the Americans.

I was highly anticipating seeing this, one of John Woo's most acclaimed films. Having seen and loved HARD TARGET and FACE/OFF, I had heard about how good this film was, and I literally couldn't wait to see it after all the good words were said. Did it fulfil my expectations in the end? Hell, yes! The police procedural style plot will be familiar to anyone who's a fan of Hong Kong crime thrillers. We get an on-the-edge cop, and his murky world of villains, grasses, and untrustworthy allies. It's a simplistic plot in the extreme, averagely written, nothing much to set it aside from all the others. Chow Yun-Fat is good, yes, but he hardly sets the screen alight.And then comes the action. Starting off with a tea-house shoot-out, it ranges from massive showdowns in warehouses to the forty-five minute, hospital-set climax. During this time in which my opinion of the film completely changed. The hospital shoot-out has to be one of the best moments ever in an action film, it just goes on and on as criminal after criminal is shot, no, riddled with bullets, glass smashes, and literally loads of people die. Then the building gets set on fire, and babies are being rescued while Chow runs around shooting people with two guns in one of the longest, yet most consistently exciting action sequences ever filmed.I loved it. I hope, in the course of things, that I can discover more films which equal this kind of spectacle. Since I wrote the above comments I've rewatched HARD-BOILED a number of times and it's grown on me every time, offering perfectly shot action, full of excitement, highly stylised and never letting up on the violence and bloodshed. Tremendous, unsurpassable stuff.

The penultimate HK picture of action-tastemaker John Woo before he was signed up to conquer Hollywood-land in 1993, ONCE A THIEF reunites Chow and Cheung from Woo's most esteemed A BETTER TOMORROW franchise, teams up with Cherie Chung (who would soon get married and retire entirely from the screen) in this ultra-breezy ménage-à-trois caper, which, at the start, sets its adventurous background in an exotic France, then after the midstream, routinely retreats back to Woo's turf to anticipate its bullets-flying homestretch.The film is super fun to watch, on account of the charming facade of those three Hong Kong screen icons. Joe (Chow), Jim (Cheung) and Cherie (Chung) are three orphans raised and trained by a sinister crime boss Chow (Tsang) as professional thieves, meanwhile they also befriend with another father figure, the kind-hearted cop Chu (Chu). Joe and Cherie become an item when they grow up, and Jim holds back his affection to Cherie. In France, they successfully steal a Modigliani's painting, but their next mission goes amiss, resulting in a heavily-armed skirmish and Joe is presumably dead. Jim and Cherie return to Hong Kong in despondence, and their romance blossoms, then a wheelchair-bound Joe shows up unexpectedly and reticently gives them his blessing. The trio reconcile like old-times, only now Joe is the third wheel in their good rapport. More urgently, they have to settle the old scores with Chow, and Woo leaves a very wayward twist to temper the picture's trigger-happy excess, as if he tellingly tips off audience that don't take the story seriously, it is a jolly ride, just enjoy the experience.The emotion tangle of the triangular relationship could have been developed into a more complex and heart-tugging structure since they are all able players, although a cordially comic gaiety seeps thoroughly into the narrative thanks to Chow's chameleon-like swagger (including his wheelchair dance routine) and Cheung's wet-behind-the-ears ardor, which leaves Chung most of the time like a pretty foil. Also the good dad/bad father trope doesn't really register under such black-or-white and cartoonish impetuosity.The action set pieces are flashy at their best, churning-out at their worst. They may look dashing at first glance, but soon plummet into passable effects borne out of a shambolic manufacture, a sign of the times of HK film production. One particularly WTF scene materializes when Jim sawing a wooden plank under the bottom of a barreling lorry, which is transporting precious artworks of Musée du Louvre, on which planet, the lorry would have a wooden bottom? Which instantly snatches audience out of the credentials of the trio's teamwork. Moreover Violet Lam's synthetic score doesn't help, it is sheer obtrusively objectionable to one's ears.ONCE A THIEF is a jaunty divergence from John Woo's more polished, bullet-ridden and heroic fraternity bravura, but shackled by the incoherent attribute between a heads-in-the-clouds lark and a dead-serious survival strategy at gunpoint, the entire experience is a mixed-bag of thrill, embarrassment and frivolousness, often in a cyclical fashion, before one's investment runs dry. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• Beau Gonzalez
    Beau Gonzalez
  • Sergi Villalta Reig
    Sergi Villalta Reig
  • Hunter Allen
    Hunter Allen
  • Isaac Martin
    Isaac Martin
  • Joseph Parker
    Joseph Parker
bottom of page